FAQs Signia App / TeleCare
Signia App FAQs
Where can I find the Signia app?
The Signia app is freely downloadable in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store of all compatible iOS and Android devices.
With which hearing aids is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with the complete Signia hearing aid portfolio except Fun and Fast.
With which mobile devices is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android (Android 5.0 and higher) and Apple (iOS version 9.3 and higher) devices. You will find the list of the recommended Android devices for the optimal app stability on the Signia app website.
What kind of adjustments can I make by using the Signia app?
Using the Signia app, you can:
- change the hearing program and microphone volume level;
- adjust the sound balance (basses and trebles);
- adjust the Tinnitus therapy signal (if available);
- adjust the directionality of the hearing aid microphones individually by using the 360° Spatial Configurator;
- manage your audio streaming devices (e.g. StreamLine TV, StreamLine Mic, CROS devices ,etc.) and control their volume discreetly;
- stay in closer contact with your hearing care professional and get individual remote support via TeleCare (a prior activation by your hearing care professional is needed)
As a result, the Signia app offers you a wide variety of individual adjustment options enabling further personalization of your hearing experience.
What kind of permissions does the Signia app require and request?
Depending on the operating system of your mobile device as well as the type of your hearing aids, the Signia app may require some initial permissions like:
- receiving notifications
- to get notifications from your HCP
- accessing the motion & fitness activity
- to improve your listening experience while you are moving, walking or in any other activity
- accessing the location services:
- to use the activity/movement/walking detection feature
- to keep the application alive in the background (Please note: No location data is transferred!)
- accessing the camera, audio, photos, media and files
- to receive a video call from your hearing care professional (available upon prior activation by your hearing care professional).
What are the technical prerequisites for TeleCare?
- The Signia hearing aids as well as the smartphone of your client should be compatible with the myHearing App. You can check the list of compatible devices on our website.
- Stable internet connection on your (WLAN or LAN with DSL/16MBit) as well as your client’s (WLAN, LTE or 4G) side is needed.
- A headset is needed for voice calls and additionally a webcam if you would like to make video calls.
How can I register and start to use TeleCare?
The easy and intuitive setup process enable you to activate TeleCare within few minutes. Please follow the steps described in our Quick Guide.
Is TeleCare free of charge?
Yes. With TeleCare, we currently offer you the full range of the available feature set completely free of charge.
Is my personal data protected?
The data of your practice as well as clients are completely safe. We have multiple certifications and are in conformity with General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. Moreover, the Telecare Portal is TRUSTe- and the myHearing app TÜV-certified. Sivantos has no access to your personal data.
The TeleCare Portal and all data related to it is stored on servers provided by Microsoft Azure. Access to these systems is highly restricted and controlled. Any access is logged and documented for audit purposes. Communication between HCP browser sessions or patient devices and the web servers is also secured and encrypted (with HTTPS).
How do you ensure that private client information remains confidential?
We are providing the highest data security and privacy. All data and all communication between the TeleCare Portal and the app on your client’s smartphone are encrypted. Access to the TeleCare Portal is protected by a password for every employee in your practice. You and your clients can be fully confident about data security.
Signia’s Revolutionary YourSound Technology Explained
Our new Signia Xperience platform is the latest innovation in our long
Study: Many Hearing Aids Are Too Small for Easy Handling
The small size of many hearing aids, apparently designed to reduce the
Exploring the Link Between Hearing Loss & Dementia
Researchers are finding increasing evidence of links between hearing loss and dementia,
How Signia Improved Machine Learning in Hearing Aids
Machine learning isn't quite what it seems. While the words bring up
New Study: Signia TeleCare Boosts Hearing Aid Adoption Rates and Customer Satisfaction
One of the main aims of Hearing Care Professionals is achieving an